The Pyevolve license is based on the PSF license, which is GPL compatible license.
LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR PYEVOLVE 0.5
1. This LICENSE AGREEMENT is between Christian S. Perone (“CSP”), and the Individual or Organization (“Licensee”) accessing and otherwise using Pyevolve software in source or binary form and its associated documentation.
2. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License Agreement, CSP hereby grants Licensee a nonexclusive, royalty-free, world-wide license to reproduce, analyze, test, perform and/or display publicly, prepare derivative works, distribute, and otherwise use Pyevolve 0.5 alone or in any derivative version, provided, however, that CSP’s License Agreement and CSP’s notice of copyright, i.e., “Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Christian S. Perone; All Rights Reserved” are retained in Pyevolve 0.5 alone or in any derivative version prepared by Licensee.
3. In the event Licensee prepares a derivative work that is based on or incorporates Pyevolve 0.5 or any part thereof, and wants to make the derivative work available to others as provided herein, then Licensee hereby agrees to include in any such work a brief summary of the changes made to Pyevolve 0.5.
4. CSP is making Pyevolve 0.5 available to Licensee on an “AS IS” basis. CSP MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. BY WAY OF EXAMPLE, BUT NOT LIMITATION, CSP MAKES NO AND DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR THAT THE USE OF Pyevolve 0.5 WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY THIRD PARTY RIGHTS.
5. CSP SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO LICENSEE OR ANY OTHER USERS OF Pyevolve 0.5 FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LOSS AS A RESULT OF MODIFYING, DISTRIBUTING, OR OTHERWISE USING Pyevolve 0.5, OR ANY DERIVATIVE THEREOF, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF.
6. This License Agreement will automatically terminate upon a material breach of its terms and conditions.
7. Nothing in this License Agreement shall be deemed to create any relationship of agency, partnership, or joint venture between CSP and Licensee. This License Agreement does not grant permission to use CSP trademarks or trade name in a trademark sense to endorse or promote products or services of Licensee, or any third party.
8. By copying, installing or otherwise using Pyevolve 0.5, Licensee agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions of this License Agreement.
Pyevolve was written by Christian S. perone and is currently maintained by himself.